OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by visiting (or requesting via mail – please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope) the offices of WRSA-FM Mix 96.9, 8402 Memorial Parkway SW, Huntsville, Alabama 35802. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am until 5pm.
1. All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates of NCA, Inc., participating sponsors, their immediate families and household members.
2. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Mix 96.9 reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue a contest or promotion at any time without any advanced notice to the public.
3. Stations reserve the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing, and set age limits/restrictions for participants.
4. Only one winner per household, every sixty (60) days.
5. Contests in which the prize includes overnight accommodations, airfare, a cash prize greater than $600, or any combination thereof, an individual may win only one (1) promotion per calendar year. Contestants and winners for these prizes must be 21 years of age or older. Any overnight accommodations and/or airfare (unless otherwise specified) are non-transferable, and must be used on the date(s) specified in the contest or on the certificate.
6. A 1099 will be issued for cash prizes greater than or equal to $600. All state, local, federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All participants agree to provide Mix 96.9 their name, address, phone number and social security number. Failure to supply the required information will make the contestant ineligible. This information will ONLY be used for processing necessary information as it pertains to prizes, and will be destroyed after a period of time required by law.
7. Prize winners agree to waive any claim of royalty, right of further compensation for any such promotional use and agree not to appear on, or on behalf of, any other radio or television station for a period of six (6) months after acceptance of prize. This includes, but not limited to, participating in any other radio or television station contests for the stated period.
8. All prizes are awarded “as is”. The station reserves the right to substitute prizes if necessary.
9. No purchase is necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
10. Gifts/Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged.
11. All entry blanks, forms, devices and materials, as well as all the information contained on or within) that is gathered during the course of entry shall become the property of the station to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the discretion of the station.
12. All entrants and winners agree that NCA, Inc. (dba WRSA-FM Mix 96.9) may broadcast or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video, film or any other likeness, including their voice, recorded or live, for any reason they deem necessary without compensation and further agrees to hold NCA, Inc. and it’s stations blameless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
13. All entrants and winners also agree that NCA, Inc. (dba WRSA-FM Mix 96.9), and their affiliates, shall have no liability and shall be held blameless for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property insured by entering, participating in, winning or losing any contest by use or non-use of any prize received.
14. The station reserves the right to issue particular rules pertaining to contests and they shall be considered part and parcel of these Official Contest Rules.
15. The announcer on-air or the person conducting the drawing or contest will determine all winners, and their decision shall be final.
16. All prizes won will be available for pick up after noon the day following (cash prize winners will be notified when available). Prizes must be claimed in person (or by a designated alternate) at the studio between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm, and within thirty (30) days, excluding holidays – unless other arrangements are made. Proper identification must be presented to claim prizes and winners will be asked to sign a disclaimer stating they have received their prize and understand that they are eligible to win again after sixty (60) days. If prize is not picked up within thirty (30) days, OR in the event the winner states he/she is unable to attend the event, ownership of said prize(s) reverts back to the station to be disposed of at the sole discretion of the station with the winner losing all claims and rights to said prize, and they are still considered a contest winner and must adhere to the rules of eligibility. Children who win designated contests must be accompanied by a parent to redeem prize.
17. Members of the Mix 96.9 VIP Club may have the “Unfair Internet Advantage” with promotion and contest information, which is emailed to them at random times. To have a chance at receiving the “Unfair Internet Advantage”, sign up for the Mix 96.9 VIP Club by visiting our website at www.mix969huntsville.com and clicking on the VIP Club tab. Additionally, Mix 96.9 reserves the right to, at its discretion, announce on-air clues when necessary.
18. Violations of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the station to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests, promotions and events at the sole discretion of the station as well as forfeiture of any prize(s) won by fraudulent means.
19. All calls on the contest line are recorded for possible playback use.
20. NCA, Inc. assumes no responsibility for: listeners/winners inability to get through on the contest line(s) due to failure of equipment, power failure or access to www.mix969huntsville.com; events which are canceled and/or rescheduled; replacing tickets/prizes already won to the canceled events; replacing lost or stolen prizes or substituting prizes in the event participating sponsors/vendors do not provide prizes as promised.
21. NCA, Inc. reserves the right to change these and any contest rules at any time without prior notice. These rules are in addition to those set forth by the State of Alabama.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTESTS
(These rules are in addition to the general contest rules above)
1. By participating in a social media contest (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat), you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any of these social media outlets. You release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for these contests are being provided to Mix 96.9 and not to any social media avenue, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about special offers from Mix 96.9 or our trusted partners/advertisers.
2. Mix 96.9 is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. This includes notification going into to the “other” message folder. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Mix 96.9 may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further release Mix 96.9 from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
ONLINE CONTESTS (These rules are in addition to the above Contest Rules)
1. Entry into an online contest, executed through the Mix 96.9 website, is one entry per person. Additional entries made by the same person will be deleted, and will not be entered into the contest drawing. This may result in disqualification from the contest.
RELEASE and INDEMNIFICATION
In exchange for the right to participate in contests/promotions executed by NCA, Inc. (dba WRSA-FM Mix 96.9), each participant agrees to release and indemnify the station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of participation in the contest/promotion/event.